Sunday 12 October 2014

Morąg

From 2 weeks I live again in Poznań. I changed now a flat, but the apartment is located on the 11th floor. The views are amazing, but I'm afraid to ride the elevator. It is very stressful for me. 
During the holidays I was in Morąg and in this post I would like to recommend you to visit this city. It is city ​​in the Warmia and Mazury, in the district of Ostróda. It's beautiful and very historical, because we can admire the Castle of the Teutonic from the first half of the fourteenth century, Renaissance palace  of Dohn from the years 1562-1570, Kurkit - the cementary of the former Jewish community Moraska. We can also relax by the lakes: Skiertąg and Narie, which  are amazing. What is interesting, the name of the city in the documents from the Middle Ages, was written differently: Moring, Moringen, Merinck, Maronis, Marung, Morung, Morungen, Mohrungen. But certainly the name of the city is the origin of Prussia, as indicated by the suffix "-ąg" (as in the names of Elbląg, Bartąg, Wadąg, Skiertag).


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful places with fascinating history. As for the elevator, I sympathize, but climbing to the 11th floor? No way! ;)

    ReplyDelete