Sunday 24 November 2013

Is friendship between a man and a woman possibile? :)

I think that friendship is a very valuable gift in life. It accompanies love, but it also can occur by itself. The important thing is the ability to separate the two categories of feelings, a challenging task in cases when two opposite genders are involved. Sometimes, the distinction may be outright impossible. And because of this many people think that there is no friendship between a man and a woman. But I absolutely believe in this kind of friendship! :) I have three friends of the opposite sex. And I am very very happy that I met them some time ago and despite the difference in gender, age and many other things, we can talk to each other on every topic, we do not have any secrets from each other's and we always support in difficult times. If we can not meet as often as we would want, because everyone has own life, every meeting after this time is unique, we appreciate each other even more and appreciate our friendship.
Recently, I note that the friendship between girls disintegrates faster than the friendship between a man and a woman. I do not know on what basis this happens, but I know unfortunately from my own life that it happens very often.
This kind of friendship is very difficult and rare, but I think that it is possibile! Personally I can not imagine life without my three wonderful friends and I do not see problem that they are guys. ;)
According to me and as Aristotle said friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies, regardless of gender.

Do you believe in friendship (without benefits) between a man and a woman?


5 comments:

  1. It's interesting: when I was a teenager my thoughts were similar to yours, but with time I've been proven wrong. Now I believe there aren't many things more precious to a woman than friendship of another woman. But I agree, it is very hard to find, and even more difficult to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice point of view:) I agree with your opinion about flimsy friendships between women nowadays...

    ReplyDelete
  3. In general I believe in it, but I am now with a man who was my best friend for many years, and I'm a friend of my ex, so I'm not sure if it really works like a friendship of 2 women ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to believe in friendship between men and women but recently I've lost this belief..I had some friends from opposite sex but it came out that they were thinking in different way about me..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not really sure if that kind of relationship is possible...i know some examples which are not really unambiguous;)

    ReplyDelete